- Make sure the theme is installed. Then go to WP-Admin > Appearance > Install Plugins. Install and activate all the required plugins. - Go to WP-Admin > Tools > Demo Content Install. Choose your favorite demo and install it. It should takes 3 to 10 minutes.
If you don't see the "Demo Content Install" under "Tools", go to WP-Admin > Plugins. Deactivate AND Delete "Iron Demo Importer" plugin. Then go to WP-Admin > Appearance > Install Plugins and install "Iron Demo Importer" again. Then refresh your browser. Now check if you can go to WP-Admin > Tools > Demo Content Install.
This message might shows up when you go to Tools > Demo Content Install ( http://d.pr/i/Mm93 )
If it's your case, it means that Zip extension is not enable on your server. To enable it,
- Go to your CPANEL > Select PHP Version and check ZIP. See Screenshot: http://d.pr/i/Nf7L
- If you don't have access to your cpanel, please contact your webhost so he can enable Zip Extension.
2) Error message: Timed Out If you have a Timed Out message when you are importing the demo it means that your max_execution_time is set only to 30 second or so. Our demo's data is big and the import process while takes more than 30 seconds. It's why you see a timed out message.
- To raise the time a script is allowed to run, go to your CPANEL > Select PHP Version > Switch to PHP Option (http://d.pr/i/Z6ev)
- Then check for max_execution_time and change the setting for 30 then click Apply and Save (http://d.pr/i/QXG2)
- If you don't have access to your cpanel or you still receive a timed out message, please contact your webhost so he can set your max_execution_time to 600.
- If above steps doesnt work, see OPTION 2 below.
3) You can't see the "Demo Content Install" menu under WP-Admin > Tools
- To fix this, go to WP-Admin > Plugins and deactivate AND delete the plugin Iron Demo Importer. - Then go to WP-Admin > Appearance > Install Plugins, and install the plugin Iron Demo Importer again. - Then refresh your browser window and you should now see "Demo Content Install" under WP-Admin > Tools.
If option 1 doesn't work or you have problem such as Timed Out issues, or Internal Error 500, etc, please install the demo manually. We have setup a video tutorial to learn how to install it manually. See video below:
Remark: The files required to install the demo's content are located in the folder called /Demos Content/ of the package file you have downloaded from ThemeForest. Please unzip the big .zip file you have downloaded from ThemeForest and extract it on your computer first. Then you will see a folder called /Demos Content/ with the demo of your choice in its sub folder.